31st of August 2018 I passed the exam MB6-898 Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent. In preparing to the exam I read a lot, looked at a lot of videos and made heaps of notes. I’ll share my thoughts and notes over the next posts.
The first ting you should do to pass the exam is to use Talent, no matter how much you read or how many videos you watch, nothing teaches you better than actually using the system. So start a trial: https://trials.dynamics.com/, use the system, try all the functions and learn how it all works.
You need to familiarize yourself with the skills tested in the exam. You should read the list in the exam page, and register for the exam.
The exam is ment to measure your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below:
Understand the Dynamics 365 for Talent Environment (25 – 30%)
- Understand Dynamics 365 for Talent Components
- Describe the components and experiences of Dynamics 365 for Talent; identify features of Dynamics 365 for Talent; identify benefits of using Dynamics 365 for Talent; describe how data is shared and separated per company in Dynamics 365 for Talent; describe the technology and integration of Dynamics 365 for Talent with other Dynamics 365 applications; describe and use the Microsoft Excel add-in with Dynamics 365 for Talent
- Understand basic navigation in Dynamics 365 for Talent
- Describe the user interface components of Dynamics 365 for Talent; describe the use case scenarios for workspaces and provide examples of workspaces; identify the components of a Dynamics 365 for Talent workspace; navigate and perform searches in the web interface; set up core prerequisites and parameters for using Dynamics 365 for Talent
- Use People Analytics and Personnel Management in Dynamics 365 for Talent
- Describe features of the People workspace; use the People workspace to view and edit personal information; enroll in benefits by using the people workspace; check FMLA eligibility; request time-off in the People workspace; view leave and absence information; view or update emergency contact information or certificates and tests for a person
- Use the Employee and Manager self-service features
- Describe features for employee self-service; describe features for manager self-service; use the Employee self-service workspace to manage personal information; review and update performance information; add and share feedback to another employee; view team information in the manger self-service portal; View and update skill information and perform a skill gap analysis; describe and use the mobile device for employee and manager self-service
Manage the Attract and Recruiting Processes (25 – 30%)
- Manage jobs
- Create, accept, reject, and manage applicants
- Schedule and manage interviews
- Create and manage offers
Configure and Use the Onboarding, Offboarding, and Transition Processes (20 – 25%)
- Use the Onboarding Modular application
- Design and configure welcome guides
- Set up and use task management
Set Up and Use the Talent Application (25 – 30%)
- Manage worker information
- Understand worker and position data; describe the difference between jobs and positions; set up and manage jobs; create and assign positions to workers; explain Personnel actions; enable and use Worker actions and Position actions; configure prerequisites for positions and jobs; configure and loan equipment to workers; define parameters and shared parameters for human resources; identify key configurations for human resources; hire and retire a worker; enter worker details
- Set Up and manage benefit information
- Explore the Benefit management workspace; describe the difference between benefits and benefit elements; describe the various types of benefits; configure benefit elements; define eligibility rules; process eligibility rules for workers; enroll a single worker in a benefit; enroll mass workers in a benefit; maintain dependents and beneficiary information
- Configure compensation information
- Describe examples of fixed and variable compensation plans; use recommendations with compensation; review and make changes to compensation plans; define mandatory confirmation for compensation plans; describe the range utilization matrix; define reference points; create compensation grids; define eligibility rules for compensation; configure pay rate conversions; set up and use vesting rules; configure and use pay for performance features; describe compensation process events; perform the compensation processes; adjust compensation for an employee
- Manage Leave and absences
- Use compliance features in Dynamics 365 for Talent
As you can see it’s a lot of information you need to learn, so start learning!
If you have access to the Microsoft Dynamics Learning Portal (DLP) you should go through all the videos listed below:
- 81153CE Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent
- 81156BE Job and Position Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent
- 81158BE Compensation Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent
- 81159BE Compliance Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent
- 81160CE Benefit Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent
- 81163CE Leave and Absence Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent
- 81164CE Employee and Manager Self-Service with Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent
- 81166CE Recruiting Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent
- 81167CE Onboarding Management with Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent
- 81165BE People Analytics with Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent
The next posts will be my notes on the different subjects.
10 thoughts on “Certification Exam MB6-898 Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent”
I have recently started following this blog of yours and planning to attempt MB6-898 exams. Appreciate your efforts writing this blog.
Just wondering when is the last part of the exam module “Manage worker information” be available?
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it! I put a lot of effort in to the posts, so always good to know that it’s being read!
I stive to write one post per day of the week and I have 6 more posts on Onboarding, then I’ll move on to Manage worker information.
I just started following your blog.
Thanks for writing on Certification Exam MB6-898 Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent. Great work and helpful for those writing Dynamics 365 for Talent. Is this certification going to retire by June 2019?
LikeLiked by 1 person
I haven’t heard anything about the retiring of the exam, I surely hope it doesn’t!
Excellent work Malin. I hope you will update it for the new exam.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you Sami. I will try probably not one post each day, but I’ll definitely do something!
I want to certify MB6-828. I haven’t seen any preparation material online on YouTube yet. I finally found your block. I hope you will help me in this.
Thank you in anticipation!